16 Ways To Prevent Child Abuse
- Be available. Keep the lines of communication open with your child.
- Learn about healthy child development and set realistic expectations for your child.
- Try to discipline without physical force. Be open to new parenting strategies.
- Learn stress management techniques – meditation, deep breathing, listening to music, exercising, walking, etc.
- Seek safe, quality childcare for your child.
- Develop a support system. Do not isolate yourself.
- Enjoy your child. Have fun together.
- Take time for yourself
- Know the signs of child abuse and neglect.
- Be a friend. Support new parents and struggling parents.
- Volunteer with a local child abuse prevention agency.
- Support programs that support children and families.
- Promote child abuse prevention in your community.
- Start a Parenting Book Club (read and discuss parenting books or swap parenting books)
- Babysit for a parent who needs down time.
- Report any abuse or neglect you see to the proper authorities.